Terms and Conditions
The term 'General Lamps’ or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Unit 11a, Lane End Industrial Park, Lane End, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP14 3BY. Our company registration number is 03928200, registered in England. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Delivery Charges - UK Mainland
All orders containing Fluorescent or LED tubes greater than or equal to 3ft in length and any light fixture that is 2ft in length or greater will be charged £7.50 inc VAT for delivery. Due to their fragile nature these items are specially packaged and sent on a courier service.
Orders in excess of £48.00 inc VAT that don’t contain tubes are delivered without carriage charge on a standard delivery service. For orders less than £48.00 inc VAT the following carriage charges apply:
Fluorescent or LED tubes greater than or equal to 3ft in length £7.50
Light Fixtures 2ft in length or greater £7.50
Batteries weighing over 1kg £5.75
Batteries weighing under 1kg £2.75
All other items £3.54
Please note all timed deliveries will need to be placed directly with our sales office before 3.00 PM and are subject to stock availability.
|Guaranteed Next Day Delivery up to 5.30pm||£10.80|
|Guaranteed Next Day Delivery up to 5.30pm - tube 5ft or longer||£18.00|
|Guaranteed Next Day Delivery by Midday||£18.00|
|Guaranteed Next Day Delivery by Midday - tube 5ft or longer||£21.60|
|Guaranteed Next Day Delivery by 10.30am||Call for info|
|Guaranteed Next Day Delivery by 9.00am||Call for info|
Prices are subject to variation without notice at any time prior to order, and in any event are only valid for the day of placement of an order on line and a period of 5 days thereafter. The products, pricing and delivery on this site are exclusively for mainland UK, and European Union customers. General Lamps will be pleased to respond individually to email or phone enquiries from other customers with pricing and delivery specific to their location.
From time to time we may offer a you a promotional code to use with your online purchase. Promotion Codes entitle you to a percentage discount off all items available for purchase on our website www.lamps-on-line.com, and cannot be used over the phone or with any other type of order.
To use the Promotion Code on our website, simply enter the code in the Promo code box at the checkout and click update before paying so that the discount is applied. The Promotion Code cannot be used after you’ve placed your order or re-used after you have applied it to your bag.
Unfortunately the Promotion Code can’t be used with other discount codes and is only valid for one transaction per customer.
Any refunds will take the discount into account.
We have to reserve the right to amend or withdraw this promotion at any time and for any reason without prior notice to you.
Secure credit card processing is carried out by Sage Pay which protects your card details as they are processed directly by Sage Pay and only a notification of payment is emailed to us at lamps-on-line.com. Sage Pay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small to process their on line transactions.We accept MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Delta, Visa Electron and Amex. Alternatively we do accept UK Bank cheques sent with an order to the address stated below with a cheque made payable to General Lamps Ltd.
VAT will be added to all UK mainland purchases at the current rate of 20%. Purchases made from within the European Union will be exempt from VAT if a valid VAT deferment number is entered when requested during the on line ordering process.
Prices are in either GBP (British Pounds) , Euro , or US Dollars. Currency can be selected by clicking the relevant icon at the top right of the page.
Should you wish to return goods please contact us in the first instance with the following details
- Your Lamps on Line order number
- Date of purchase
- Reason for return
- Product details
One of our customer services staff will reply to your request with instruction as to how to proceed.
If goods are incomplete or damaged prior to delivery any claim must be received within 5 days of delivery.
If goods have been ordered incorrectly we must be notified within 5 days of receipt, goods will need to be returned subject to authorization from our sales staff in pristine un-used condition in their original packaging, return carriage paid for by the customer and may be subject to a returns charge to cover administration and delivery costs incurred by General Lamps Ltd.
Where the buyer is a Consumer as defined by the relevant Statute or Regulations note the variations to General Lamp's Terms and Conditions (see supplemental terms below). The buyer shall also have a cooling off period from the date of order confirmation to 7 working days after delivery, during which time the buyer may cancel the order in writing or by email to General Lamps. The buyer shall at his cost return the goods by means notified by General Lamps in pristine un-used condition in their original packaging, and on safe receipt General Lamps will make a refund.
The content, layout and overall appearance of this site, any components thereof and any other catalogues or publications of Lamps on Line or General Lamps Ltd are copyright of General Lamps Ltd who assert these and all other intellectual property rights. Neither the whole nor any part of it may be copied without express permission. The intellectual property in the suppliers' trade and brand names, unique part numbers and images remain theirs.
Supplemental terms for Consumers
Where the Customer is a Consumer as defined by the relevant Statute or Regulations, the following supplemental terms shall apply, and General Lamps’ standard terms and conditions above shall be construed with such minimum variations as are necessary to put these supplemental terms into effect, and to comply with the duties imposed on a seller in such Consumer sales.
- General Lamps does not seek to exclude any of the mandatory rights and remedies granted to Consumers under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 as amended.
- Where a sale to a Consumer is concluded subject to the Distance Selling Regulations as amended or substantially re-enacted or replaced from time to time, General Lamps shall comply with the requirements of such Regulations and in particular as follows,
- The Customer shall be given the facility to retain in durable form the details of the transaction and the confirmed Order.
- The Customer shall have a cooling off period commencing with the confirmation of Order (or provision of the required information if later) and expiring 7 days after delivery of the goods.
- If the Customer wishes to cancel the order in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations, he shall notify General Lamps in writing by post or email, and shall at his cost return the goods by means notified by General Lamps in pristine un-used condition in their original packaging, and on safe receipt General Lamps will make a refund.
- General Lamps does not seek to exclude any liability for personal injury arising from breach of contract negligence or breach of minimum strict liability imposed by the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
Making A Purchase With Us
When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received your order.
Once we have reviewed your order we will e-mail you again to confirm that we accept your order, and that a contract has been made between us.
In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, or that we have made a pricing mistake, we will advise you of this. You will not receive an e-mail confirming acceptance of your order, and there will be no contract between us.
Images of products on this website are for illustrative purposes only. Your goods may vary slightly from the image shown on the website and will not include any of the pictured accessories, unless stated in the specification of the goods. Whilst goods may be shown assembled they may require assembly by you.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on this website. However, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the actual goods.
Whilst we try to be as accurate as possible, all information provided is approximate and is provided in good faith.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by General Lamps and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of General Lamps. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, General Lamps takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of General Lamps - © General Lamps 2015. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
General Lamps and Lamps-on-line are trading names and styles of:
General Lamps Ltd
Lane End Industrial Park
Tel: 01494 880099
Fax: 01494 880092
Registered in England 03928200
Registered office address
Lane End Industrial Park